Monday, May 10, 2010

Special Things in Old Town Albuquerque

Indian, indigenous America, is a legend for me. In Albuquerque, I saw many of them. They have to live among different power: a power to shift them into a modern world for being able to compete with other nations, and a need to preserve their traditional culture--which may prevent the to follow the fast moving world. They seems to always find the balance to face the fast changing world. In this picture, they are Indian couple. The wife with a modern cloth was singing traditional Indian song while the husband was dancing with full traditional Indian costume. This is one of their way to fulfill their daily needs. Location: Old Town Albuquerque, USA. The picture was taken in Summer 2009, when I visited Albuquerque for an international conference.


We would find such dried chilies (I was not sure) in many houses in Old Town Albuquerque. Or perhaps, in many small shops around the Old Town. I had no chance to ask the function of these attributes. I guess to bring luck or to prevent bad luck. Who knows.



A typical building in Old town Albuquerque. This is a small shop.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: